31 Day Nail Challenge – Day 24 – Nails Inspired by a Book
I’ve been wanting to give Newspaper Nails a god for ages, and took my chance here. (Books have words, newspaper has words, close enough for me!). These arn’t as hard as everyone thinks, and I really like how it worked out..
What you need:
- Some rubbing alcohol / normal alcohol (35% +) / a clear scented extract – this blog debates different solutions
- Paint all nails a pale color. Most people go for white, but I find that a bit boring and can seem very messy so I went for mint green (which I’m loving!). Keep it a pale color though…
- Wait for nails to dry. Pour some of your chosen solution into a tiny pot
- Cut our newspaper to nail size (easier to clean up if it’s just on your nail)
- One finger at a time from here on:
- Place nail in your chosen solution. Count slowly, out loud to 15
- Remove nail, take newspaper clipping and place on nail
- With your thumb, smoosh down on the newspaper. You don’t want to move it (smudges), but you need to press down quite firmly. Rotate the thumb to make sure you get the edges too. Count out loud to 8-10
- Take newspaper off finger below it sticks to your polish, topcoat before it smudges
The 31 day nail challenge is basically a list of inspirations/guidelines for nail designs.
Today’s was nails inspired by a book (or really just books in general), check back tomorrow for a fashion (chain) design…