31 Day Nail Challenge – Day 21 – Nails Inspired by Color
I love these nails, the actual design is so much more blended than the photo shows. The color ranges from a metallic purple though mauve to a light pink, quite dusk-like. The Beauty Department recently posted about ombre nails using a technique I hadn’t heard of before, and I’m happy to say it works really well! Read more for details..
So above are the colors I actually used, they blended together much better than I would have expected. Below is The Beauty Department’s technique, and from trying it out here are my tips;
- Do include the base color, unless you want to spend ages building up the gradient
- Dampening the sponge is the magic blending secret but don’t overdo it (squeeze out all the water)
- Choose 4 colors slightly different in hue, not just lightness. Although the pictures below show that keeping it in the one colour range works well, I’ve found that mixing it up a bit adds that extra touch
- DO NOT re-dampen the sponge, it failed big time…
- If you get bored, add a layer of glitter over the top for a more sparkly look
- (If it’s not clear on the picture, steps 5 + 6 are bouncing it a couple of times on a piece of paper, then on your nail. Press up and down on the same spot a few times to really blend the colors)
The 31 day nail challenge is basically a list of inspirations/guidelines for nail designs.
Today’s was nails inspired by color, check back tomorrow for a music inspired design…