31 Day Nail Challenge – Day 5 – Blue Nails
Double designs! These started out as Doctor Who nails; the logo, the Tardis and galaxy nails..But then I changed my mind, and turned them into Nude + Galaxy nails (apologies for poor photos)… Galaxy nails are quite fun to do, click more to find out how
- Start by painting all your nails Tardis Blue
- Use a pencil tip to draw in the logo and Tardis – as always take your time and use reference pictures
- Grab a sponge and build up the galaxy effect. You want an oval of blended color, starting with white, light green, light blue, light purple, sparkly blue and a small amount of gold glitter if you have any
- Don’t panic if you don’t have all the colors, improvise away
- Use the sponge to add black in the corners for the ‘deep space’ effect
You might have noticed that later on the Nail Challenge list Galaxy Nails are required – no worries, I have epic plans in motion 🙂
Nude + Galaxy
So after deciding that I didn’t like the Tardis picture, I went for a different look
- Paint your galaxy nails. If you are going from Doctor Who nails, then just top up the logo + Tardis
- After waiting for the paint to dry, cut and place small strips of tape (stick + restick to your hand for a lesser chance of pulling up previous polish)
- Paint over the nails + tape in nude polish – this may require a couple of coats
- Lift of the tape as soon as you can for a smaller chance of ruining the look
- Topcoat to finish!
The 31 day nail challenge is basically a list of inspirations/guidelines for nail designs.
Today’s was Blue Nails, hence the blue galaxy feel, check back tomorrow for sponged Purple Nails!